Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An extremely easy and simple bruschetta recipe. Try it with your favorite Italian dish.
- 1 loaf fresh French bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (1/4-inch thick slices)
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice French bread into 1-inch thick slices. Toast lightly in toaster oven until slightly brown and crunchy.
- Rub the garlic cloves on the French bread.
- Top each piece of bread with a slice of tomato, fresh mozzarella and piece of basil.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Season with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
This was easy with such tasty results! I enjoyed the fresh flavors! I did scale the recipe down just for me. Made for PAC Fall 2009.