Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple flavorful side dish. Keep the Krokettes warm in a low temp oven until you fry them all. Prep time does not include the hour standing time. From the Encyclopedia of Cookery
- 3 medium zucchini, grated (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated feta
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- butter (for frying)
- Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Mix zucchini with salt and let stand for 1 hour. Squeeze moisture from zucchini (try putting them in a clean dish towel, roll the ends and wring the towel/zucchini).
- Beat eggs, add the zucchini, cheese, mint, flour, and pepper.
- Add butter to pan and spoon 1 TBLS dollops of zucchini into the pan.
- Brown on both sides.
These zucchini pancakes are wonderful. So crisp, tender, flavorful, bright and fresh. I added a little minced onion to the mix. All the flavors really popped. I garnished these tasty treats with thick Greek yogurt and freshly ground black pepper, Quick and really easy to make. Loved the fresh mint in these pancakes. Made for ZWT9.
We love 'kolokithokeftedes' and this version is quite authentic. I did add one small, finely-minced onion to the mixture. The feta and mint make it uniquely greek and so good. Also served with tzatziki to scoop on or dip into.
Reviewed for ZWT9- these were a lovely simple zucchini pancake that were easy to make and tasted great. I enjoyed the feta and mint combo. Served with Avocado Tzatziki for a lovely Greek style vege lunch. Photo also to be posted