Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice salad that would go well with fish. Adapted from a recipe found at epicurious.com. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 small kohlrabi
- 1 cup radish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel two small kohlrabi.
- Shred the kohlrabi and radishes. You may use a food processor for this. I hand grate using a cheese grater.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley in a glass bowl. Whisk in 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Add shredded veggies and toss.
- Chill for 30 minutes or more.
We added a shredded carrot too. It was very tasty and beautiful in color.
This is a wonderful summer salad! Served it for dinner last night along side Frittata Di Zucchine (Zucchini Frittata) My partner actually went back for seconds. I haven't had kohlrabi since I was a kid, when we would eat them like apples. The taste is a cross between potato, radish and turnip. I used a daikon radish for it's mild flavor. The shredding blade on my Cuisinart made processing the veggies very easy. I let them marinate in the fridge for about an hour while I finished dinner. Thanks for sharing!
Made this when I was given kohlrabi in a CSA. Didn't know what to do with it. This recipe is simple and helps get those veggies in!