Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Cookin' Southern Vegetarian Style Cookbook.
Make and share this Knock You Nakeds (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk, plus
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup melted soy margarine (like Earth Balance)
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry cake mix, pecans, 1/3 cup of the milk, and the melted margarine in a large mixing bowl.
- Press half the batter into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch or 8x8 inch glass baking dish, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Melt the caramels in the top of a double boiler with the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- When the caramels are well mixed, pour them over the baked layer, and cover with the chocolate chips.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top of the chocolate chips, return to the oven, and bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.