Recipe by Marie
This is like an apple pie cake. When you bite into it, you definitely taste a lot of apple. It is fabulous and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by AVHS63
The smell of this cake cooking is heavenly, so I wasn't surprised to taste that first delicious bite. The crunchy edges are the best part! I used pecans and a bit more cinnamon. And of course a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The apples need to be peeled and I recommend cutting them in 1/3" squares. I'd give this recipe 10 stars if I could. It's a keeper!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml soft butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 709.77 ml peeled and diced apples
- 59.14 ml chopped nuts
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Add diced apples, chopped nuts and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir into mixture.
- Place batter into 8" square greased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.