Recipe by ALC
This is very similar to taco soup, however, there is more beef which makes it thick like chili. It's so yummy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, with liquid (I use light red)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with liqiud
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, with liquid
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid (I use petite diced)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing (dry)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion.
- Brown ground beef and onion (I salt & pepper the beef).
- Drain the meat and add to large pot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Put a lid on the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least one hour, but I usually do three hours.
- *This is also good in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. You can do it as little as 2-4 hours, however, it is much better the longer it cooks in the crock pot.
- Serve alone or with sour cream, cheese and frito chips.