Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living Issue 12 2007.
- 200 g strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 2 kiwi fruits (small, peeled and quartered)
- 1 mango (flesh removed and chopped)
- 2 (200 ml) sparkling white wine (bottles)
- Using a food processor or blender, process the strawberries, kiwifruit and mango until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving jug or carafe and add the wine and stir to combine.
- Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the bubbles to subside.
- Evenly pour among champagne flutes and serve immediately.
This has a great blend of fruit flavors. I almost made as written, but I could not resist turning it into a frozen drink. All the fruit and 1/2 of the wine went into the freezer at noon. Then at cocktail hour later that night, I took the frozen mixture chopped it some and added the rest of the wine into the blender. This will cool you down in a flash. Try freezing one for yourself on a heat summer night, you won't be sorry. Potluck Tag -- SPRING/SUMMER 2010 for Get Out Your Blender, Frozen Beverage Party
I made this for my DH with the strawberries and he said it was quite good and refreshing, he did add more wine. I made mine with raspberries as I am allergic to strawberries and it was also good, I too added more wine.
Except for using sparkling grape juice, the ingredients were followed right down the line, & what I came up with was a great tasting drink, & something worth making again! Somewhat different tasting, but certainly satisfying! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]