Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Kiwis add a tropical note to an old Southern favorite. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5.
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 473.18 ml ice
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 29.58 ml frozen limeade concentrate
- 29.58 ml chopped of fresh mint
- 85.04 g Bourbon (optional)
- Dissolve sugar in hot water in a 1-cup measure; let cool slightly.
- Combine ice, kiwis, limeade, mint, the sugar mixture and bourbon, if using, in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
So refreshing! I've never tried a mint julep before, but I had kiwis & mint to use up so we had a little afternoon cocktail party. :) This drink was my personal favorite. Perfectly balanced between the sweet & sour and the fresh mint just put it over the top for me. Made as directed. Thanks for sharing, FN! DH & I enjoyed this very much (during naptime) after a morning in the park with 20 toddlers. :) Made & enjoyed for ZWT-5 - Ali Baba's Babes.
I'm reviewing this for Zaar World Tour 5 and I wish I could tried this earlier. This is so good!!!!!!! I'm not a drinker so I left the bourbon out. Wow, and todat is the perfect day to have this recipe. I just love it.