Recipe by Charlotte J
Diabetic Exchange 1 fruit per serving
Top Review by karen
I have to admit that this is a bit too sweet for me. I used Equal, and didn't have orange zest so I addd about a tbsp of orange juice. It is a very pretty drink, and a great way to get your Vitamin C for the day, but next time I would cut down on the sugar or sweetener. A tip for easier prep...instead of peeling & slicing the kiwi, I cut it in half and used a spoon to scoop out all of the fruit. It's a lot easier than peeling and you don't waste any of the fruit.
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- artificial sweetener (equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- sliced orange, and
- additional kiwi fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the first three ingredients; cover and process just until smooth.
- Add artificial sweetener.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square pan.
- Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- Spoon into a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Return to pan; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into small bowls; garnish with orange and additional, kiwi if desired.