1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Slice N' Bake Refrigerator Cookies
This is buttery tender dough that produces an excellent flavored and textured cookie --- servings is only estimated it will depend on how thick you slice the dough, I get about 12-15 cookies per roll if sliced just over a 1/4-inch thick, you may of coarse slice them thinner or thicker if desired and adjust baking time slightly --- plan ahead the dough needs to chill for about 4 or more hours or until very firm and may be frozen for up to 3 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl cream the butter with sugar for about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in egg yolk and both extracts; beat until no sugar granules remain.
- 3Beat in vanilla pudding mix until combined.
- 4In a small bowl combine the flour with baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and beat until combined (the mixture will be dry and slightly crumbly).
- 5Remove the dough to a surface and gently knead the dough until it comes together (this will take only a few seconds).
- 6Roll into one large log or two smaller logs.
- 7Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until hard (about 4 or more hours).
- 8Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 9Slice into slightly over 1/4-inch thickness (you may coat the slices in sugar if desired).
- 10Place onto a greased baking sheet/s.
- 11Bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 12Allow to sit and harden slightly in the pan before removing (the cookies will harden upon sitting in the pan).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Slice N' Bake Refrigerator Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 118.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla instant pudding mix