Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These and of coarse any burger is at it's best made on an outdoor grill, these are delicious oven-broiled, pan fryed or on an indoor grill such as a George Foreman grill --- if you are a garlic-lover you will love these and you may adjust the garlic to taste --- plan ahead the patties need a minimum of 6 hours or 24 hours chilling time to blend flavors together --- I have left the cayenne pepper as optional my family likes spicy so I always add it in if you like some heat then include it into the mixture, you may also add in 1 slightly beaten egg if desired.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or minced)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (you may omit and use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt though the steak seasoning is better to use)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste) (optional)
- fine breadcrumbs (optional and use only a small amount if needed to hold the mixture together, optional) (optional) or crushed cracker crumb (use only a small amount if needed to hold the mixture together) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together using clean hands adding in a small amount of breadcrumbs or crushed cracker crumbs ONLY if needed to hold the mixture together.
- Shape into six patties.
- Place the patties onto a large plate; cover and refrigerate for 6-24 or more hours.
- Before cooking the patties make an indent using your finger into the middle of each patty (this will reduce any shrinkage and prevent the patties from puffing up like a meatball when cooking).
- Grill, broil or fry until completely cooked through.
Great burgers. Very moist and just the right amount of flavor. thanks Kitten
Made these for Kittencal's Cookathon and it was loved by both myself and DH. Made exactly as written and served with crusty Italian buns, it did take a little planning and I only let it sit for 6 hours - next time might try overnight. We used the cayene pepper as we love spicy. Had to cook on the stove top as we've no grill here in our little apt. in Milan but was wonderful. Thanks so much Kit for posting and my love and prayers go out to you and your family