1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
For the very best results us a good-quality chicken broth for this, you can sub the same amount of uncooked rice for the orzo. I have even added some cooked cubed chicken to this soup, this is one of my family's favorite soups, you will love this!---- see my Kittencal's Best Chicken Stock/Broth (Crock Pot Option)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a pot.
- 2Add in the orzo or rice; simmer uncovered until the orzo or rice is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- 3In a medium heat-proof bowl whisk together eggs and lemon juice until frothy.
- 4Remove a ladle of hot broth from the pot and slowly add the broth to the egg mixture whisking vigorously; pour the mixture back into the hot soup.
- 5Remove immediately from the heat (DO NOT LET BOIL!).
- 6Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 2041.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g