Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the very best results us a good-quality chicken broth for this, you can sub the same amount of uncooked rice for the orzo. I have even added some cooked cubed chicken to this soup, this is one of my family's favorite soups, you will love this!---- see my Kittencal's Best Chicken Stock/Broth (Crock Pot Option)
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a pot.
- Add in the orzo or rice; simmer uncovered until the orzo or rice is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- In a medium heat-proof bowl whisk together eggs and lemon juice until frothy.
- Remove a ladle of hot broth from the pot and slowly add the broth to the egg mixture whisking vigorously; pour the mixture back into the hot soup.
- Remove immediately from the heat (DO NOT LET BOIL!).
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I love this one! It has such a rich and decadent flavor, but it's a great lower calorie option. One of my favorites, for sure!
I loved this recipe! Not only was it delicious, it was also amazingly easy to make! Which is important when you have a two year old who wants to "help Mommy"!
This is really excellent! It's easy and the flavors are lovely. I added some cooked chicken for a fuller meal. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting, Kitten!