Yes, finally a cookie that really does taste just like the ones sold at the bakery! --- these taste almost similar to Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough (the dough that is wrapped in a tube-like shape) but this is better! The dough amount may be reduced to make about 40 (one-heaping tablespoonful) smaller cookies, be aware that baking times will need to be slightly reduced for smaller cookies--- NOTE do not double the recipe in one bowl it will not have the same texture if your going to double make two separate recipes in two bowls --- you will love these cookies!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (use powdered only not the liquid kind)
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml melted butter (measured exactly to 3/4 cup melted or your dough will be too soft)
- 4.92 ml maple extract or 7.39 ml white rum, yes the real stuff
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed (for best results use 1/2 cup each light and dark sugar)
- 118.29-177.44 ml white sugar (sweet tooth's use up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips or 177.44 ml milk chocolate chips or 118.29 ml semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml toasted chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- Grease a cookie/baking sheet/s (or line the pan with parchment paper).
- In a bowl mix together the flour with the next 3 dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat the melted butter with maple extract and both sugars until blended.
- Add in the whole egg and yolk; continue beating until the mixture resembles a thick caramel texture (about 3-4 minutes, the color of the mixture should lighten up slightly).
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- If you find that the dough is too soft place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Drop about 1/4-cup of the dough onto the baking sheet spacing about 3" apart.
- For jumbo cookies bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are just slightly browned, for smaller cookies bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks.