1/10 Photos of Kittencal's Juicy Hamburger/Burger
We all have our different tastes for burgers I like mine flavorful and juicy this recipe will give you the best of both! see the bottom of the recipe for tips on even more extra juicy burgers! --- making a indentation in the middle of the uncooked burger will prevent the burgers from puffing up into meatballs shapes while cooking and keeps them flat --- do not add any salt into the burger mixture as the dry onion soup already has a lot of salt content, you can sprinkle some on towards the end of cooking if needed, if desired you may add in 3-4 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce to the ground beef mixture
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (can use the whole package if desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs (or crushed soda cracker crumbs, more if needed) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (or 1-2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes, or can adjust to heat level) (optional)
- 1In a bowl crumble the ground beef with clean hands.
- 2Add in the dry soup mix, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs or crushed soda cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and hot sauce (if using).
- 3Using clean hands mix until combined, add in more breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs if needed to just hold the mixture together (do not overwork the meat or it will be tough).
- 4Divide the ground beef into 6 equal patties (or make 8 small patties).
- 5Using your large finger or the back of a small spoon make a shallow dent into the center of each patty (about 1-inch wide).
- 6Place the patties onto a large plate or a small cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- 7Grill or pan fry the burgers as desired until cooked through (if desired sprinkle a small amount of seasoned salt on top while cooking the patties).
- 8Serve burgers in toasted buns with choice of condiments.
- 9TIPS FOR EXTRA JUICINESS; shape the hamburger into a ball, press 1 tablespoon cold butter into the middle then seal the meat around the ball then flatten into burger shapes ----or add in 2-4 tablespoons raw finely grated potato into the hamburger mixture then shape into patties, use no more than 4 tablespoons for 2 pounds of ground beef or the burgers will take on a meatloaf texture.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Juicy Hamburger/Burger
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 329.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g