Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes the most wonderful creamy dreamy frosting and to make this even more creamy and fluffy add in 1-2 cups thawed Cool Whip frozen topping start with 1 cup and add in more until desired texture, this frosting freezes well ----- for coconut-cream cheese frosting add in 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract and reduce the vanilla to 1 teaspoon, also add in 1/2 cup sweetened flaked or shredded coconut at the end of beating
Top Review by 882639
This is without doubt the best cream cheese frosting EVER!!!
I was in the middle of making it and realized I didn't have whipping cream, I didn't even have whole milk, so I used what I had, Lactaid skim milk and I did add a cup of Cool Whip...it was so delicious. The Cool Whip made it really creamy and cut the heaviness of the cream cheese and butter.
Not only did it taste wonderful, it piped out beautifully. Thank you so much for this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (no subs!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (if possible use clear vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped (for the best texture use only whipping cream)
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (more if needed, must be sifted)
- food coloring (optional)
- 1 -2 cup cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and the whipping cream until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the sifted confectioners sugar; beat until frosting consistency, (adding more icing sugar or whipping cream if needed until the right consistency is achieved).
- Add in food coloring if using.
- OPTIONAL; add in 1 cup of Cool Whip frozen topping and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just blended (add in more Cool Whip until desired texture is achieved).