1/6 Photos of Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option)
This makes the most wonderful creamy dreamy frosting and to make this even more creamy and fluffy add in 1-2 cups thawed Cool Whip frozen topping start with 1 cup and add in more until desired texture, this frosting freezes well ----- for coconut-cream cheese frosting add in 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract and reduce the vanilla to 1 teaspoon, also add in 1/2 cup sweetened flaked or shredded coconut at the end of beating
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (no subs!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (if possible use clear vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped (for the best texture use only whipping cream)
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (more if needed, must be sifted)
- food coloring (optional)
- 1 -2 cup cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- 1Cream the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and the whipping cream until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 2Add in the sifted confectioners sugar; beat until frosting consistency, (adding more icing sugar or whipping cream if needed until the right consistency is achieved).
- 3Add in food coloring if using.
- 4OPTIONAL; add in 1 cup of Cool Whip frozen topping and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just blended (add in more Cool Whip until desired texture is achieved).
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option)
Serving Size: 1 (875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1117.4
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 520.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 139.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g