This makes the most wonderful creamy dreamy frosting and to make this even more creamy and fluffy add in 1-2 cups thawed Cool Whip frozen topping start with 1 cup and add in more until desired texture, this frosting freezes well ----- for coconut-cream cheese frosting add in 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract and reduce the vanilla to 1 teaspoon, also add in 1/2 cup sweetened flaked or shredded coconut at the end of beating
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (no subs!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (if possible use clear vanilla)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped (for the best texture use only whipping cream)
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (more if needed, must be sifted)
- food coloring (optional)
- 1 -2 cup cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Cream the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and the whipping cream until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the sifted confectioners sugar; beat until frosting consistency, (adding more icing sugar or whipping cream if needed until the right consistency is achieved).
- Add in food coloring if using.
- OPTIONAL; add in 1 cup of Cool Whip frozen topping and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just blended (add in more Cool Whip until desired texture is achieved).