Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been making this for years it's a simple recipe and always a favorite! you may adjust amounts to taste and of coarse you may increase to as many squash as you like, remember to allow the baked squash to cool slightly so that the brown sugar/butter mixture will thicken --- you will love this!.
- 1 medium acorn squash (halved and seeded)
- 4 teaspoons soft butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons maple syrup
- cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a small baking dish with high sides.
- Place each half of squash cut-side up into the baking dish.
- Add in about 1/2 inch water into the bottom of the baking dish so that the skins will not burn and the squash won't get dried out.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon with soft butter.
- Coat the inside of each half with 2 teaspoons soft butter, mixture then add in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the cavity of each half.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup over the brown sugar.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour and 10-15 minutes or until the squash is very soft and the tops are browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes (this will allow the brown sugar/butter mixture to thicken slightly).
- Using a spoon drizzle the buttery sugar mixture over any exposed area of the baked squash.
- Serve and enjoy!