Baked Acorn Squash
photo by Alia55
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet and a baking dish.
- Halve the squash lengthwise and clean.
- Transfer the squash, cut side down, to the baking sheet, and bake the squash until it is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Don't turn off the oven.
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Keep the mixture warm until it is needed.
- Arrange the squash, cut sides up, in the baking dish.
- Spoon the butter and seasonings equally over the sections.
- Bake the squash another 15 minutes, until it is very soft.
- Serve the squash hot.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After several floods to my basement, I am starting to input all of the many many recipes that I've been collecting for years. I didn't realize just how many I had saved up... must make note to self.. step away from the cookbooks!