This is the best pasta salad. It is so much better if you let it refrigerate overnight. lots of veggies, and very light dressing. Perfect for gatherings.
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 ounce original hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Boil noodles till aldente, drain.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, & ranch packet together.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
This pasta salad was a nice change of pace, particularly since I had never used angel hair (or spaghetti, for that matter) in a pasta salad. I couldn't find a 3 oz. pkg. of ranch dressing mix (the largest was 1 oz.) but it seemed to be ideal. Instead of 4 tomatoes, I used halved grape tomatoes, and I added some canned tuna for protein. I also used only 1 T. each of garlic powder and garlic salt (I was afraid of so much salt). I made everything else as posted. I found that, using the angel hair, it was difficult to mix everything together. However, it was very tasty and chock full of flavor. Made for Fall PAC 2012.