Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my version of King Ranch Casserole. Sometimes I serve it over mexican rice, but is also good by itself. I am obsessed with saving money. This recipe is used for my second cookbook in a series of Easy & Frugal recipes by Kitchen Kouture. http://www.food.com/cookbook/kitchen-kouture-quick-easy-chicken-576625.
- 680.38 g leftover chicken or 680.38 g roasted deli chicken, shredded
- 10 corn tortillas
- 297.66 g low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 113.39 g green chilies
- 226.79 g nacho cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 340.19 g Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 4.92 ml paprika, to garnish
- 4.92 ml chili powder, to garnish
- 311.84 g nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, green pepper with garlic till tender.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix onion & bellpepper mixture, soups, olives, tomatoes, green chilis, nacho cheese, and seasonings.
- Layer the bottom of a greased 9x12 casserole dish with 5 torn tortillas.
- Layer the chicken pieces.
- Top with half the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the shredded cheese.
- Layer with 5 torn tortillas.
- Top with remaining sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle paprika and chili powder over the top to garnish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to cool and thicken sauce.
- On each serving, top with crumbled Doritos.