Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my version of King Ranch Casserole. Sometimes I serve it over mexican rice, but is also good by itself. I am obsessed with saving money. This recipe is used for my second cookbook in a series of Easy & Frugal recipes by Kitchen Kouture. http://www.food.com/cookbook/kitchen-kouture-quick-easy-chicken-576625.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover chicken or 1 1⁄2 lbs roasted deli chicken, shredded
- 10 corn tortillas
- 10 1⁄2 ounces low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 8 ounces nacho cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to garnish
- 11 ounces nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, green pepper with garlic till tender.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix onion & bellpepper mixture, soups, olives, tomatoes, green chilis, nacho cheese, and seasonings.
- Layer the bottom of a greased 9x12 casserole dish with 5 torn tortillas.
- Layer the chicken pieces.
- Top with half the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the shredded cheese.
- Layer with 5 torn tortillas.
- Top with remaining sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle paprika and chili powder over the top to garnish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to cool and thicken sauce.
- On each serving, top with crumbled Doritos.