Recipe by Ann Marie F
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar the weekend before Valentine's day 2005.
Top Review by Chipfo
My grandmother used to make these, except she just pressed the kiss down on the cookie dough and baked them, not wrapping the kiss. They are very chocolatey, they have a huge chocolate kiss imbedded in a small cookie, lol, if you don't like chocolate, don't try these. I love them, can't ever get enough.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 14 ounces Hershey chocolate kisses
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, beating well.
- Add vanilla and flour, and mix well.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pinch off a piece of dough.
- Roll into ball with palms of hands and then flatten.
- Dough should not be thick.
- Put kiss in center.
- Bring dough up, shaping around kiss to cover completely.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet one inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- Roll in confectioner's sugar when cool.