Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
These brownies are the kiss of death - once you've tried them, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven! This is a recipe I made after tampering other recipes until I created the holy grail of recipes - the best brownie.
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (the higher the quality cocoa, the better the brownie, I suggest Ghiradelli cocoa powder.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (use only 2 cups if you're going to double the recipe)
- olive oil (for coating the pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Melt the butter then stir it into the cocoa.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, vanilla, amaretto, flour and salt with the cocoa and butter mixture.
- Oil an 8X8 baking dish with olive oil.
- Bake brownies for 35-40 minutes.
Very good! A chocolate lover's dream and the nice hint of Amaretto is a decadent change. They were easy to make, too! Made for the Aussie/New Zealand Recipe Swap #22.