Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not made these--I posted this recipe as an answer to a recipe request. They sound awfully good ... I think they're going to be a new addition to this year's Christmas cookie list!
- In a medium mixing bowl cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Make a well in the center.
- Combine egg yolks and sour cream; add to flour mixture and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half, and keep one half of the dough tightly covered.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the other half of dough to 1/16" thickness, and cut into 4" rounds.
- For filling, beat egg whites slightly.
- Add ground nuts, the 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice& the 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Spread a rounded teaspoon of filling onto each round to within 1/4" of edge.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; with seam sides down, press ends with tines of a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets with seam sides down.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of powdered sugar& cinnamon.
Good, nutty predominant taste, next time I'll add a little salt. they tasted better a few hours later than they did right out of the oven. Dough is sticky - keep it cool and roll it on a floured pastry cloth rather than a Tupperware or similar plastic surface or you won't be able to roll the cut circles. For a 4" cutter I cut a deli container 1.5" from the bottom - the cut edge was exactly 4" diameter and worked fine. spread the filling only to within 1/2" of edges or else you can't pinch the ends of the roll closed.