Mary Scheffert's Note:
I have not made these--I posted this recipe as an answer to a recipe request. They sound awfully good ... I think they're going to be a new addition to this year's Christmas cookie list!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2Stir in the 1/4 cup sugar.
- 3Make a well in the center.
- 4Combine egg yolks and sour cream; add to flour mixture and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- 5Divide dough in half, and keep one half of the dough tightly covered.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll the other half of dough to 1/16" thickness, and cut into 4" rounds.
- 7For filling, beat egg whites slightly.
- 8Add ground nuts, the 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice& the 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
- 9Spread a rounded teaspoon of filling onto each round to within 1/4" of edge.
- 10Roll up jelly-roll style; with seam sides down, press ends with tines of a fork to seal.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheets with seam sides down.
- 12Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 13Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 14Sprinkle with a mixture of powdered sugar& cinnamon.
Nutritional Facts for Kipfel
Serving Size: 1 (743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 28.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: