1 hr 30 mins
This is Guna D. Shetty's recipe from the Thursday magazine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg kingfish, thinly sliced and washed well
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 200 g kashmiri chilies
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 5 cloves
- 15 cloves garlic
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled,washed and chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 20 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- oil, to fry
- 1Put the Kingfish slices in a bowl.
- 2Add turmeric powder, 1 teaspoons salt and mix well.
- 3Marinate the fish in this marinade for 30 minutes.
- 4Grind the Kashmiri chilli, cloves and cumin seeds to a paste.
- 5Put a wok on medium heat on the stove top.
- 6Pour the masala paste in it and stir-fry/roast the same.
- 7Grind it to a powder.
- 8Add 2 inch piece of chopped ginger and 4 pods of garlic to it.
- 9Stir in vinegar and process to get a fine paste.
- 10Now, deep fry the marinated fish in the wok till it becomes crisp.
- 11Cool, remove the side skin and bones and cut the fish into 1/2 inch pcs.
- 12Take 1/2 cup oil (this is the leftover oil that was used for frying the fish), add the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and the chopped ginger and garlic.
- 13Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- 14Add the ground paste and 2 tbsps.
- 15of salt.
- 16Fry for 7 minutes on low flame.
- 17Mix in the fish pcs.
- 18The pickle is now ready to serve.
- 19Note: This pickle can be refrigerated and preserved for atleast 20 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kingfish Pickle
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: