Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is Guna D. Shetty's recipe from the Thursday magazine. Enjoy!
Make and share this Kingfish Pickle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg kingfish, thinly sliced and washed well
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 200 g kashmiri chilies
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 5 cloves
- 15 cloves garlic
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled,washed and chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 20 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- oil, to fry
- Put the Kingfish slices in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, 1 teaspoons salt and mix well.
- Marinate the fish in this marinade for 30 minutes.
- Grind the Kashmiri chilli, cloves and cumin seeds to a paste.
- Put a wok on medium heat on the stove top.
- Pour the masala paste in it and stir-fry/roast the same.
- Grind it to a powder.
- Add 2 inch piece of chopped ginger and 4 pods of garlic to it.
- Stir in vinegar and process to get a fine paste.
- Now, deep fry the marinated fish in the wok till it becomes crisp.
- Cool, remove the side skin and bones and cut the fish into 1/2 inch pcs.
- Take 1/2 cup oil (this is the leftover oil that was used for frying the fish), add the chopped green chillies, curry leaves and the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and 2 tbsps.
- of salt.
- Fry for 7 minutes on low flame.
- Mix in the fish pcs.
- The pickle is now ready to serve.
- Note: This pickle can be refrigerated and preserved for atleast 20 days.