Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very simple seasonings that enhance the fresh vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups firmly packed cubed eggplants (1/2 inch cubes)
- kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup firmly packed chopped spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas (I use spinach flavor when I can find it)
- In a large nonstick skillet, add olive oil.
- Heat over high heat until almost smoking.
- Add eggplant to the skillet and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir eggplant frequently; cook about 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Take off of stove burner; add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and the vinegar; toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and tomatoes, toss to mix.
- Add kosher salt and pepper to taste; add remaining lemon juice and eggplant; toss to mix.
- Spread the hummus evenly onto the tortillas, leaving at least a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; roll-up/wrap.
This was very good and easy to make. A little messy to eat, though, lol. But worth it! Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
DH liked this very much. I used zucchini rather than eggplant at DH request. This was easy to make.