1/2 Photos of King Ranch Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
True Texas's Note:
This is probably my favorite Mexican casserole. We serve it a lot for family get togathers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 12 fresh corn tortillas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1Simmer chicken breasts until tender. Dice chicken and save the stock.
- 2Line the bottom and sides of a well-greased casserole dish with 6 tortillas which have been torn into 1 inch strips. Sprinkle with 2 or more tablespoons of the chicken stock.
- 3Saute onions and peppers until tender. Combine soups, onions, green peppers, and chili powder; pour half this mixture, half the chicken and half the cheese on the tortillas.
- 4Make a second layer of tortillas, chicken, soup mixture and cheese. Top the last layer of cheese with the can of Rotel tomatoes.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until hot and bubbly.
- 6This casserole can be prepared in advance and reheated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.2
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 1130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 48.2 g