1/1 Photo of King Arthur Flour: the Best Fudge Brownie Ever
1 hr 5 mins
I was about to toss the empty flour bag when the word "brownie" jumped out at me. Yeah, I know "who needs ANOTHER brownie recipe?"...those of us who have a cookbook devoted exclusively to chocolate or brownies, that's who! =D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (1 tsp if using unsalted butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups king arther unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans (or favorite) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- 3In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan, melt the butter on low heat, then add the sugar and stir to combine.
- 4Return the mixture to the heat or microwave briefly, just until it's hot but not bubbling. It will become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating the buter and sugar a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
- 5Transfer the mix to a mixing bowl.
- 6Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- 7Add the eggs, beating till smooth; then add teh flour and chips and nuts if using. Beat until well combined.
- 8Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake the brownies for 28-30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs clinging to it.
- 10The brownies should feel set both around the edges and in the center.
- 11Remove from the oven, and after 5 minutes loosen the edges with a table knife, this will help preven the brownies from sinking in the center as they cool.
- 12Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Arthur Flour: the Best Fudge Brownie Ever
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 145.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g