1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
John DOH's Note:
30 plus years old, my BIL's father was a Ukrainian chef at a roadhouse in Kindersely, and came up with this. Took years to get the "professional secret" out of these guys on how to do these for yourself. Since my wife tossed my deep fryer many years ago, have adapted this to circumstance, and tweaked it somewhat, but have never had a single complaint, or, come to think of it, very many leftovers! Note the important "technique" of cutting the membrane on the inside of the curve of the rib bones, and pulling the membrane off the entire rack (3 mins the first time, 45 seconds after you understand how easy it is to do!) as this allows the marinade to get all around and through the meat...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 racks of baby-back pork ribs, membrane removed
- 6 cups boiling water
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix, use enough for 8 cups (better is "Spicy Onion and Garlic" soup mix, but its hard to find)
- 12 ounces lemon juice concentrate
- 10 ounces knorr teriyaki marinade
- 4 ounces soya sauce
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce frank's hot sauce (if you like them peppery!, if not, its only an option)
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1Boil the water and pour into a turkey roasting pan over medium heat.
- 2Dissolve the soup mix, and combine lemon juice, Marinade, soya sauce, Worcestershire, hot sauce (if selected) and garlic, and mix well, bringing to a low boil.
- 3Insert the rib racks, and continue on low boil for 15 minutes.
- 4Extinguish heat (later, if you are cooking with gas, I am using solid element electric stove heaters, they take a longer time to cool down).
- 5Allow the meat to marinate for 4-20 hours (more is better!).
- 6Remove meat from marinade, (and discard marinade in the toilet, as it blocks sinks!), and season thoroughly with Lawry's, garlic and onion powders.
- 7Place seasoned meat on broiling pan, curved side up and cook in oven at 285-300°F for 90-120 minutes, depending on how "dry" or "juicy" you prefer the product at the end of cooking --.
- 8Works well with rice, fresh veggies and dip -- make sure there are "bone bowls" to toss the bones into.
- 9Two racks will easily feed two older adults and two medium children. If people are big eaters, not less than one half rack per person!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kindersely Road House Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6250.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g