Recipe by Kim D.
I had never written my recipe down before, so I estimated the measurements. These meatballs taste very similar to my Aunt Frances! Unfortunately we never got her "exact" recipe, as she didn't follow written recipes. She was an awesome cook and I always thought her spaghetti and meatballs were the best!
Top Review by myount19
These are wonderful meatballs! I used italian sausage in place of the ground pork. I used half on them in a half batch of Slow-Simmered Spaghetti Sauce (recipe #32639) in the crock pot and froze the other half for another day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak 2 slices of bread in 1/4 cup milk for 10 minutes.
- Don't squeeze out the milk, as adding the milk and bread to the meat mixture will make the meatballs very tender.
- Add all other ingredients to the wet bread and milk and mix well with hands.
- Roll meat into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until meat is done.
- Add to spaghetti sauce and let simmer in sauce for at leat 30 minutes before serving.