Recipe by mama_of_two
this is similar to a piggy in the blanket, but much more richer and delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa
- 1 (8 count) package crescent rolls, unbaked
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked (optional)
- swiss cheese or cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- First cook your kielbasa until it is golden brown. Allow to cool. Cut into 2 inch slices.
- If you are using bacon, cook thoroughly and drain on a paper towel until grease is absorbed.
- Open your crescent rolls, and separate at perforations. Depending on your tube of rolls there should be about 8 triangles.
- Place about a tablespoon or to your taste of mustard onto the roll dough. Place a piece of cheese onto the dough, followed by the bacon and last the kielbasa. roll the dough around the meat and cheese until fully covered.
- Bake according to the roll recipe on the tube, usually a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Serve with a side of mustard for extra dipping, and toothpicks.