Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Kielbasa, cabbage and potatoes flavored with ketchup, mustard and caraway - cooked in foil. Perfect for summer meals and no pans to wash! The packets can also be baked in the oven.
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into 4 wedges each
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup coarse grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Tear off 4 18x12 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place 1/4 of all the ingredients on each sheet and double fold the edges.
- Grill uncovered, 4-6 inches from the heat source, for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
I made this for one person using New Orleans super spicy sausage. The combination of Cabbage, potato & smoked sausage rocks! Love the touch of carway. I lightly covered it for the first 25 minutes then removed the foil and let it finish browning. I felt it needed a bit more moisture so I added 1/4 cup wine at the beginning so there was more steam to cook everything. I will make this again - Thinking of you Lorac Thanks
wasn't expecting this to be so dry, thought the ketcup and mustard would mix with juices to make a sauce. Edible but would not make again. thanks for posting.
Seems pretty quick easy and interesting. Though I wish you gave specific instructions on cooking this in the oven.