Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A dip that is for a kidney friendly diet. Protein 2 g Carbohydrates 3 g Fat 11 g Cholesterol 16 mg Sodium 106 mg Potassium 99 mg Phosphorus 36 mg Calcium 29 mg Fiber 1.2 g
- 1 cup frozen artichoke heart
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place artichoke hearts in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Chop artichoke hearts.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Top with parmesean cheese. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
- Helpful hints.
- If canned or jarred artichokes in water are used instead of frozen, look for the lowest sodium brand. Rinse well to help reduce sodium.
- Try this dip on toasted slices of baguette, crisp celery or with your favorite low-sodium crackers.
- Tabasco© is one of the lowest sodium hot pepper sauces.