Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on website - Eat like a dietitian
- 2 cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup cacao
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate (bain-marie)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Grease an 8×8 square baking dish using cooking spray.
- Combine the beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder,vanilla extract, sugar, and the rest of the ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Yields around 16 pieces.Decorate each piece with a halved walnut.
- Each brownie has around 100 calories!
I made these brownies as a birthday treat for my son's kindergarten because I know there are some children with gluten intolerance and the result... mmmmmm delicious. Fist time kidney bean replacent user :) Thanks for sharing this beauty, I will add it to my list of basics (from which I will start experimenting for more gluten free alternatives!)