Best Midwest Chili You'll Ever Eat * No Noodles or Kidney Beans
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, with sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 quart tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- tortilla chips, whole, crushed or corn chips
- cheddar cheese, grated
- onion, minced
- sour cream
- Fry ground meat; as it finishes, add the onion and sauté together.
- While that is working, open all the cans and dump into slow-cooker; add the seasonings; stir to mix.
- When meat is browned and onions are transparent or golden brown, add the green pepper, cook 1-2 more minutes; then add to the bean mixture; mix well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours; medium for 4-6; low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with corn/tortilla chips in bottom of bowl, chili next, and cheese sprinkled over the top; onions & sour cream optional.
- NOTE: This is actually even BETTER as leftovers!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe is definitely a keeper! I will be making this again, and again, and again.... I did add a little Worcestershire sauce and a can of no salt added diced tomatoes! I thought at first that this was going to be not so great, but once it was in the cooked it turned out great! One of my favorite chilis I have ever had!