1/1 Photo of Kicked up Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Found this in an old Cooking Light magazine from 1999. I love the addition of the espresso granules to kick up a standard cake mix! Simple to make but tastes like you spent so much more time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbls warm water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1 cup egg substitute (8 oz carton)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with about 2 tsp flour; set aside.
- 2Combine the sour cream, water, oil, espresso granules, egg, cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl and beat at medium speed with a mixer for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the chocolate chips and beat for an additional 30 seconds.
- 4Spoon cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until it passes a pick test.
- 5Cool cake in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cake onto a separate wire rack and cool completely.
- 6Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicked up Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 378.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: