Recipe by Chrissyo
I acquired this recipe from an old Wynnum West State School fund raiser cooking book. It really is a good filler for making the dollar go further.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (mince)
- 1 (12 ounce) package flat rice noodles, cooked as per instructions
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until soft and translucent, but don't brown.
- Stir in celery, frozen beans, and cabbage.
- Add mince or ground beef, and cook until the meat is evenly browned.
- Add crumbled chicken stock cubes and soy sauce.
- Add cooked noodles and 4 fluid oz of water.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Service with extra soy sauce if requried.