Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the book Delicious Diabetes Low cal recipes book by Tarla Dalal. Mushrooms are my Mom's favorite veggies and she's diabetic. Mushrooms(khumb) taste so nice this way. This dish is rich in protein, calcium, Vitamin A and iron. Use the low fat milk recipe for diabetics and low fat yoghurt recipe for diabetics posted separately. Enjoy!
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut into quarters and blanched
- 1⁄2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gram flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, sliced
- 1⁄4 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- To prepare the paste, combine all the ingredients listed under 'paste' in a pan.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes till the onions are soft and almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cool, puree the mixture in a blender till you have a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl combine the low fat milk, low fat yoghurt and gramflour.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Once they stop crackling, add kasoori methi and the prepared paste.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt, milk and flour mixture.
- Add salt to taste and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Fold in the mushrooms and corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan or roti.