Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
KFC style bread pudding. Tastes just like the real thing!
Make and share this Kfc Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Break the biscuits down into crumbs, you can leave a few chunks in there, but nothing bigger than about the size of a quarter.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla and milk in another bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until completely mixed. This will make a thick batter, but if don't want your bread pudding to be as dense as the stuff at KFC, add a little more milk.
- Press the batter into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- For icing, heat the butter and milk together until the butter is melted. Add enough powdered sugar until you have a thin consistency to drizzle over the bread pudding.
So this is what they do with their day olds... This was delicious. I added more butter (4T total ), milk and powdered sugar to make a thicker glaze.
Very easy to make! I have been using this recipe for years, and it has become a family favorite. I found out that KFC uses the previous day's biscuits, so I always use day old buttermilk biscuits either from premade frozen dough or from scratch, depending on how much effort I feel like putting in that day. The flavor/texture of the pudding is very close to KFC's. Sometimes, I presoak some raisins in water for about an hour and add those into the mix as well. So yummy!!!
Great recipe! I used Aunt Millies cinnamon swirl bread instead of buttermilk biscuits and a little more brown sugar- it turned out perfect! It really is very similar to KFC's. Very easy to make and easy to understand.Give it a try!