1/2 Photos of KFC Biscuits (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 4 teaspoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup buttermilk
- whole milk
- margarine (butter okay)
- 1PREHEAT oven to 400°F; COMBINE 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a large mixing bowl; CUT in shortenings until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2STIR in 1 cup buttermilk just until a soft dough forms (dough will be very loose and sticky at this point).
- 3SPRINKLE flour over a large wooden board; TURN dough onto a floured board and knead gently 10 to 12 times or until no longer sticky, re-flouring board as necessary while kneading.
- 4DIVIDE dough in half; GENTLY pat or roll each half into an 8-inch circle 1/2-inch thick.
- 5CUT out biscuits – pressing straight down – with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 6REFORM scraps, working it as little as possible and continue cutting.
- 7PLACE cut biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet with edges barely touching; BRUSH tops of the biscuits with whole milk.
- 8BAKE for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9IMMEDIATELY brush biscuits with margarine (or butter) after baking.
- 10SERVE hot and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Biscuits (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 613.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g