Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's biscuits.
Make and share this KFC Biscuits (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 4 teaspoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup buttermilk
- whole milk
- margarine (butter okay)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F; COMBINE 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a large mixing bowl; CUT in shortenings until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- STIR in 1 cup buttermilk just until a soft dough forms (dough will be very loose and sticky at this point).
- SPRINKLE flour over a large wooden board; TURN dough onto a floured board and knead gently 10 to 12 times or until no longer sticky, re-flouring board as necessary while kneading.
- DIVIDE dough in half; GENTLY pat or roll each half into an 8-inch circle 1/2-inch thick.
- CUT out biscuits – pressing straight down – with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- REFORM scraps, working it as little as possible and continue cutting.
- PLACE cut biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet with edges barely touching; BRUSH tops of the biscuits with whole milk.
- BAKE for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- IMMEDIATELY brush biscuits with margarine (or butter) after baking.
- SERVE hot and enjoy.
I really don't understand why this recipe has no reviews because...THIS IS THE BEST BISCUIT RECIPE EVER! Quick and so easy! Tastes better than KFC's.