Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
from this week's paper, this is a non dairy cake. if you don't have baby food you can sub apple sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 (6 ounce) jar apricot baby food
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 9" baking pan with non stick spray.
- drain 1/4 c juice from the canned pineapple, save for another use.
- in a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, chinese 5 spice powder.
- make a well in center.
- pour in apricots, remaining pineapple, eggs, oil, and pecans.
- mix well, pour into baking pan.
- bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- cool on a wire rack, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
This was really good! Very nice flavor. I substituted Splenda for sugar, and it had a great flavor.
Very light and moist! Instead of apricot baby food which I forgot to buy I used apricot nectar. I skipped the confectioners sugar didn`t need it.