Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Described as a frosty delight, I found this recipe in Joyce LaFray's cookbook "Key Lime Desserts". DOES NOT INCLUDE 2+ HOURS FREEZER TIME...
- Boil the sugar and water for 10 minutes, add softened gelatin and when it has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Add the key lime juice and the rum.
- Freeze for 1 hour in 2 ice trays.
- Add the salt to the egg whites. Beat until stiff and set aside.
- Remove the mix from the freezer into a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Fold the egg whites into the other mixture.
- Return to ice trays and freeze until firm.