Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
serve warm or cold with whipped cream for dessert.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in the zest, juice, milk.
- Add the flour.
- Beating well to make a smooth batter.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the batter.
- Pour into a greased glass 1 1/2 quart casserole bowl.
- Place in a 9 x 13 pan with hot water acting as a hot water bath.
- Bake in oven 325 degrees F.
- for 55- minutes.
- Remove from oven let cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature, with whipped cream.