Recipe by DailyInspiration
Key limes are smaller, rounder and have a yellower flesh than traditional limes. If you can find key limes, use them in this dish to add a sweet-tartness. Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine.
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml lime rind, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 396.89 g can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 354.88 ml light whipped cream (such as Reddi-whip)
- 236.59 ml graham cracker (about 8 cookie sheets)
- grated lime rind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth, pour into the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until mixture thickens (about 6 minutes) or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees F., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 20 minutes or until mixture comes to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1 tablespoons whipped cream into each of 8 (8-oz.) glasses, top each serving with 1 tablespoons crumbs and 3 tablespoons lime mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with lime mixture. Top each serving with 1 tablespoons whipped cream; sprinkle with lime rind, if desired. Serve immediately.