1/4 Photos of Key Lime Jewel Cookies
Midwest Maven's Note:
These cookies are so yummy, just tart enough from the lime and sweet enough from the raspberry. Very pretty, jewel toned gems to munch on too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and lime zest; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together.
- 4Add the egg yolks, and combine well.
- 5Next, mix in the almond extract, and the lime juice.
- 6Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- 7Add the water to make the dough come together more easily.
- 8Add the green food coloring and work through the dough to get even color.
- 9Lay the chopped pine nuts out in one layer on a plate.
- 10Pinch off chunks of the dough and roll them between your hands to form 1 inch balls.
- 11Roll the dough balls in the pine nuts to get them evenly coated, and then place them on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- 12Take your index finger and make an indent into the middle of each dough ball.
- 13Carefully drop 1 teaspoon of the raspberry preserves into each indent on your cookies.
- 14Bake for about 35 minutes, or when the pine nuts start to lightly brown on the edges.(Your cookies may bake quicker, my oven is not the best, just use your best judgement folks).
- 15Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for a couple minutes.
- 16Then transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool completely before lightly dusting them with the powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Jewel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
key lime zest