Mini Crystal Cheesecakes
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- americolor royal gel blue food coloring
- americolor leaf green gel food coloring
- americolor regal purple gel food coloring
- purple blue and green Candy Crystals for decorating cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two mini cheesecake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make crust, in a medium bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, pinch salt and melted butter and stir until crumbs are completely coated in butter. Spoon a scant tablespoon into the wells of the pans and gently press onto the bottom. Bake for 8 minutes; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and honey on medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Seperate the cheesecake batter equally into 3 bowls, about 1 ? cups per bowl. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl and fold to combine to make jewel toned blue, green and purple batters. Fill the wells of the pan ¾ high and bake cakes for 8-12 minutes until cakes are just set.
- Let cool completely, then refrigerate for 2 hours and up to overnight.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!