Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Posted for Zaar World Tour. Source is Sundays at Moosewood.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Kettle Stew in not only very colorful, it is very filling and extremely healthy. I picked this recipe because it was another way for me to use up some more zucchini. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced chile
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 small potatoes, cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups undrained canned tomatoes, chopped (28-ounce can)
- 2 cups cut green beans
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups cut corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions, garlic and chiles in the oil for about 5 minutes. Include the seeds from the chiles if you like a hotter stew, discard them if you don't.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves and potatoes, and cook, covered for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and green beans, cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini and corn.
- Simmer, covered, on low heat until all the vegetables are tender.
- If the stew seems too dry, add tomato juice or water.
- Add cilantro and salt to taste.
- Serve topped with grated cheese or sour cream.