Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went to a luncheon today with a St. Patrick's Day theme and the hostess made this wonderful apple cake. Her Irish daughter-in-law provided the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 -2 cooking apple
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla Fold in flour.
- Grease and add parchment paper to a 9 x 13 pan.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Place apples in rows on the batter.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.
very simple to make - nice for an afternoon snack
Made this with my 9 year odl son. It was really nice, but took far longer to cook than the recipe said.