Irish Kerry Cake (Zwt3)
A simple, delicious cake for you to bake for your family from County Kerry, Ireland. From "The Good Housekeeping International Cookbook Official World Fair Edition (1964)". May be made early in the day or at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 3 medium apples, pared, cored and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in lemon rind and diced apples.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder; fold into butter mixture until well blended.
- Grease an 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden, and cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Cool, cut and serve.
- Nice served slightly warm with vanilla ice cream.