Sassy in da South's Note:
This salad is served at many Kentucky Derby parties. It makes a great summertime salad and the bite from the vinaigrette is just perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Candied Pecans (use 1/2 cup)
Apple Cider Vinaigrette (use 1/8 cup)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dry basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
Cinnamon Raisin Croutons (use 1 cup)
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Basic Recipe: Remove roots from Bibb lettuce and cut into quarters. Toss with apple cider vinaigrette, bleu cheese, candied pecans and strawberries. Place on serving platter and garnish with cinnamon raisin croutons.
- 2To Make Candied Pecans: Mix powdered sugar and water. Dust pecans with powdered sugar mixture on parchment paper and bake at 275 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 3To Make Apple Cider Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, except the olive oil. Add the olive oil gradually and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- 4To Make Cinnamon Raisin Croutons: Cut bread into ½ inch cubes. Melt butter and toss bread cubes with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Bibb Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2017.0
- Calories from Fat 1860
- Total Fat 206.7 g
- Saturated Fat 57.8 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 2131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon raisin bread