Recipe by *Ken*
A great and easy recipe. Also, your potatoes won't turn dark like other recipes. Tastes good too! Also, try my homemade mumbo sauce for great dipping.
- 2-3 russet potatoes
- 946.0 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel skin off potatoes. Clean potatoes.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2 inch or less.
- Let potatoes soak in milk half hour or longer.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until bubbly.
- Dip potatoes into egg whites, then into flour mixture.
- Deep fry a few potatoes at a time for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain access grease from potatoes when done.
- Serve hot.